ADVANCED NON DESTRUCTIVE TEST (ANDT)
Positive Material Identification
PMI is a nondestructive means of determining the chemical composition of metals.
The most common, portable, and easy-to-use PMI tool is a handheld XRF(X-ray fluorescence) analyser. These instruments are highly accurate at determining the chemical composition of alloys, and thereby their grade. Moreover, they do so within a matter of 5 seconds or less for most stainless-steel grades, without significant sample preparation, and safely
customers request PMI service when:
- a sample cannot be cut for testing
- a mixed lot is suspected
- material identification/documentation has been misplaced
- Identifies the material chemical composition in few seconds.
- Capable of inspecting fixed structures.
- Inspection can be performed in a limited access area
021 – 53164777 / +65 81492599
Mon - Fri: 8am - 5pm